Mission and Purpose of ACCGC
The mission of the Accrediting Council for Collegiate Graphic Communications is to provide viable, credible, and defensible accreditation standards that can be used by colleges and universities offering graphic communications programs, thereby:
- Developing and strengthening graphic communications programs at the collegiate level.
- Helping to enhance and maintain quality instruction through periodic review.
- Stimulating the exchange of ideas between academia and industry.
- Providing recognition to those collegiate programs that achieve and maintain acceptable standards.
- Helping improve the quality of associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degree programs in graphic communications at colleges and universities throughout the USA and other countries where collegiate graphic communications programs are located.